Saturday 9 January 2016

Help! I'm addicted to my smart phone...

Hello everybody!
Before I start I just want to apologise for the inactivity..just the same as everybody else's my life has been going at 200mph and I have felt a lack of inspiration of what to write about recently. Anyway here we go..

So, I don't know about anybody else but as much as I love my Iphone, I bloody hate it as the same time and I'm addicted.
It's amazing for staying in contact with people who may be far away, or staying in contact for safety reasons. It has GPS so you can almost never get lost, there's all sorts of social media apps so that you can stay updated as to what all your friends and/or celebrities are doing at all hours. etc, etc

However, sometimes at weekends or holidays I find that I can't get off my mobile without a pretty decent distraction. Even if I'm just cleaning my bedroom, every ten minutes I stop and see if anybody has updated their Snapchat story! Personally, I don't reaaaaally know why I do this because in reality I'm not overly interested in what you're having for dinner or how cute your pet kitten is. (Don't get me wrong, I adore kittens.) Therefore I shouldn't really feel this urge to refresh Instagram or Twitter...

I don't know if it's just me who feels this way or other people have these habits too?
Also like when you go out for dinner with a friend or partner etc, why do we sit and stare at our smart phones when we have a real life living human to talk to directly in front of us?!?! I'm definitely not a saint at this one, I just don't understand why we do this.

It's pretty depressing to think about how consumed we are in social media and how instead of living in the moment we are more fussed about taking an 'artsy' photograph for Instagram to show the world how great things are.. or not..
The Internet has this crazy ability which allows people to create their own identity. You can change your name, age, nationality, wealth, diet, lifestyle to be perceived in a totally different way.

I'm sure not all generations are as obsessed as my generation are or seem to be, I don't know. It just seems sad to think that all these years are going by and all we care about is when the new Iphone 7 is going to be released.


Rant over! I hope you enjoyed this little post, um sorry if it was a bit angry.. Please feel free to tweet me (oh the irony) @LauraHayley129 or in the comments section below! I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thank You so much for reading and please check out some of my other material if you enjoyed this one :) Have a lovely weekend!

This inspiration behind this post ----> 
http://i.imgur.com/FcqvUM3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment