Monday 6 April 2015

The Future...

Its weird to think about the future. Your whole world could change tomorrow and theres nothing you can do about it. Most likely you've got some sort of plans for your life, whether its to get a promotion, or get into uni, get married, move to Alaska, anything.

Personally, I've always wanted to be a teacher. My plan was to go to school, get a-levels etc, attend uni and get a degree then become a primary school teacher. I've had previous experience with teaching and so far have thoroughly enjoyed it. But do you ever just wake up one day and be like no. I don't want to have a 9-5 job which I'm tied down to until I'm 65. I don't want to be someones slave and get paid what they want and be under their control.

You start thinking, hang on, do I really want to live like that?
Crazy thoughts rush through you're mind as you realise that you've been moulded as a child to obey rules of the workplace and you will be expected to go into employment and work for somebody else.
I'm not saying everybody is like this, but for the majority.

So you start thinking about how you can make a change and do something you want to do with your life because after all 'choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life' (Confucius) right?

But then no, I do want to be a teacher. Its what I enjoy doing (at least I think I do). Surely I will love that job if I eventually get there? How on earth can we win?

Just another conflict running through my mind.


By the way, I'm currently studying a-levels and am planning to do a sociology degree at university and later become a teacher, if you hadn't already noticed ;) But hey that plan could all go to pot if I win the lottery tomorrow.

If you did win the lottery tomorrow, would you still want to work for that dream job? Or would you throw the towel in and have a pretty chill lifestlye?

I like to think that I would still want to work and reach my goals the same way everyone else has to but then again I've never won the lottery so how do I know what I would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment